Saturday 1 September 2012

Jenny Shaw - short stories



Disturbances

Link to Amazon.com  Disturbances

Jenny is my daughter so you will have to sift out the fondness and pride to get to the core of any review I do for this book.

This is a collection of short stories and includes ghostly, futuristic and time shift tales.  I particularly enjoyed The Ghost Wedding, the first story in the book, and Fade, one of the stories set in the future, in a cyber world.  I have a particular fondness for The Clockmaker as Jenny sent it to my late Dad for his birthday (he made and mended clocks and watches as a hobby) and it reminds us both of him.

Jenny has a clear, direct and uncluttered writing style which pulls the reader directly into the heart of the story.  I enjoyed reading these very much and I'm glad to know she has started on another collection.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment