Thursday 13 September 2012

G L Breedon

The Wizard of Time

Amazon.com  The Wizard of Time

My review -

This book throws the reader into the deep end from the beginning. It is a faced paced fantasy adventure in which a young man discovers his gifts and his destiny and undergoes training as a Mage. Don't for a moment think 'Hogwarts' though. This is training on the job. Gabriel, the young Time Mage, find himself in a war between Good and Evil Mages and he realises that each side wants to 'use' him.

I kept finding myself thinking of Ursula Le Guin's work but this seemed to me to be faster paced and in some ways a more satisfying read. It also makes the reader think about good and evil and the fact that there can be grey areas. This is a must for fans of the Fantasy genre and it is obvious that there will be more to read about this charming young man, Gabriel. I'll be there when there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment