Wednesday 24 July 2013

Jim Webster

Another book from the Land of the Three Seas - and this one's a belter!



Learning a Hard Trade

Amazon .com  Learning a Hard Trade

My review -

In this very engaging story we follow Trulor in his education and coming of age in the Land of the Three Seas. His father owned an apparently magical belt decorated with seven plaques, which was broken up and distributed to several people. He decides to try to reunite these parts and have the belt renovated. Jim Webster writes some excellent fight scenes, action packed but believable. He also writes with a whimsical humour which I very much enjoy.

I have read all the stories of this series and this is by far my favourite. I felt the characters were so well drawn and I really cared about their fate. Fantasy readers - form a queue for the next book - but I'll be first!


No comments:

Post a Comment