Monday 26 August 2013

Jonathan Hill

This is the first book of Drabbles I've come across for the kindle.  I really hope that Jonathan Hill is trailblazing because I'd love to see more.



100 One Hundred Word Tales

Amazon.com 100 One Hundred Word Tales

My review -

I’ll confess to partiality here - I’ve recently become very keen on drabbles – one hundred word stories. When they are well done, the story is a little gem, often with an unexpected twist at the end. These are very well done. I intended to read one or two per session and to allow myself to digest them before reading more, but this is the ebook equivalent of a tub of Pringles. Once you pop, you can’t stop! I confess to having read them all back to back but I know I’ll have this on my kindle home page for a long time, just to dip into. 

This book is the first I’m aware of with a collection of drabbles from a single author and I was impressed at the range of styles. We have gently amusing, outright funny, some rather risqué stories, dark horror and a number of moving and sad tales here. There’s a lot of food for thought in some of them. I enjoyed the ‘linked’ ones scattered throughout the book, on the same theme or with the same character. 
I hope this book takes off because I’d love to see more drabble collections. They are the ideal ‘only got a minute’ reading. 

1 comment: