Tuesday 4 November 2014

Cecilia Peartree

As you can see, I'm on a bit of a roll with these books but I have a couple of other books to read now before I can get back to them. I will be back!


A Reformed Character

Amazon . com A Reformed Character

My review - 

There are several people who could be fingered as the reformed character of the title. Christopher, in a new job, becomes dynamic. Darren, the not-quite-naughty boy, has an alibi though initially things look rather dark for him, Jock discovers an affinity with cats and even Amaryllis, ex-spy and hard woman, takes up knitting. This story has its twists and turns and surprised me on a few occasions.


This is another delightfully dotty and pleasurable read with characters I feel closer to in each book. It’s a cosy mystery in the sense that we don’t see too much of the blood and guts but there’s a definite sense of body-count here – it’s a nice story but it’s by no means bland. I really enjoy this style of humour and suspense. Altogether a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment