Thursday 18 February 2016

Charlie Wade

A new author to me and I enjoyed this mad story.


The Spy With Eczema

Amazon.com

My review -

Barry is a spy. His life is lonely, boring and pretty chaotic. He becomes involved with Don, who accidentally retrieves a data stick with top secret information on it. Don, ostensibly on sick because of a bad back, fancies his chances with Nicole, a French girl working in an English second-hand book shop. Mix in an offshoot of the Freemasons and things get complicated.


I enjoyed this story with its off the wall ideas and strange, and occasionally strangely likeable, characters. There was plenty going on, lots of people to whom it all happened and the denouement, although the story felt complete, promised more. I don’t always want something earth-shatteringly deep. If you want a bit of good entertainment, this is the book for you. I enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment