Tuesday 29 March 2016

Caroline Mitchell

This is the first of Caroline Mitchell's books I've read and it's the third in a series - not usually the best way to meet a new author. However, I had the opportunity to review for Netgalley and I took it. So glad I did! Due for publication on April 14th but available on pre-order now.


The Silent Twin

Amazon.com

My review -

This is the third novel featuring DC Jennifer Knight but it’s the first I have come across. Sometimes it's very hard to pick up partway into a series but this stands as a perfectly good one-off. Abigail, a nine year-old twin, disappears and Jennifer is Family Liaison Officer for the family. The mother is under the suspicion of many because of her strange, cold demeanour. The other twin, Olivia, refuses to speak after the disappearance but Jennifer Knight has special psychic abilities and the missing twin manages to communicate, via her sister, with DC Knight. Her sensitivity also picks up disturbances and old hatred and anger within the house.

Caroline Mitchell has pulled off a great story here, in which I suspected just about everyone of causing Abigail's disappearance. Eventually I was right but only because everyone gave me reason for suspicion. It's great to find a series like this and I know I shall be picking the others up in due course. A really good read.


Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment