Friday 15 July 2016

John Marrs

John Marrs is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. His stories have an immediacy - they feel real. That's a bit scary in this case!




My review -

Wouldn’t it take all the hit-and-miss out of finding love if someone had discovered a gene you could match with your partner? Some has discovered that gene and it leads to people in their millions sending a DNA swab to find their perfect Match. Match Your DNA becomes a multi-million pound business. Matched couples get lower insurance – no suicidal depression, no divorce. Non-matched couples feel insecure and many get tested and then split up. It’s thrown the world of dating into chaos. But once everyone does it, it’s going to be brilliant, isn’t it? Isn’t it? This excellent story takes a closer look at several couples and follows their experiences through the Match Your DNA process. The world of instant love is not a path of rose-petals, it seems. You’re guaranteed a Match – how can it possibly go wrong?

I loved the idea and found myself engrossed in the characters and their stories. They were sufficiently well-drawn and different that it was easy to follow from one to another as the chapters moved forward. The sections were fairly short so the page-turner element really kicked in. I hated leaving one story-line but after the first paragraph of the next, I remembered why I hadn’t wanted to leave this one the last time around. This is the third book of the authors that I’ve read and I think he’s getting better. Imagination and technique go hand in hand here and it’s a very compelling book indeed.

I received a review copy of this book from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment