Tuesday 5 July 2016

S K Tremayne

This is the second book I've read by this author and I think it's particularly good.




At the time of writing this is not available on Amazon.com as a kindle book

My review - 

I enjoyed SK Tremayne’s The Ice Twins and jumped at the chance to read this when it was offered by the publisher, via Netgalley, for review. Thanks for this opportunity.
Rachel is newly married to David Kerthen, the wealthy owner of Carnhallow House, hub of the Kerthens’ Cornish lands and mines, though he now makes his money in legal circles in London. Rachel has it all – a real rags-to-riches story. She has the handsome, rich husband, the beautiful surroundings and a gorgeous young stepson, Jamie, for whom she falls deeply. Slowly, it all starts to go wrong. 

I really loved the fact that, with the ex-wife’s echo everywhere, it was almost a cliché – shades of Rebecca. It changed, though, and I was gradually drawn in to the family’s history, both David’s and Rachel’s. Jamie, the child who appeared to be a catalyst for supernatural activity within the house, was an appealing character and towards the end I became truly afraid for him and for Rachel, undergoing her own personal nightmares. I loved the story and I found some of the writing stunning. A big five stars from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment