Saturday 6 August 2016

Luca Veste

A new author for me - I love discovering new writers - and this, though the third in a series, really stands well alone. 


Bloodstream

Amazon.com

My review -


Someone is killing couples. The case is high profile because a celebrity couple have been involved. They are tied to chairs, face to face and made to admit their lies to one another. The killer is obsessed with love, and truth. David Murphy and his sidekick Laura Rossi can’t seem to get a handle on the case until, for each of them, it comes closer to home.

This, I now see, is the third in a series but it stands really well as a novel in its own right and doesn’t need to be propped up by information in the earlier books. The tension in the story is ramped up gradually and when readers come to discover, along with the detectives, who is responsible, it becomes a race to read to the end and see what happens. A thoroughly enjoyable story.


1 comment:

  1. I have his first one in paperback, Kath. After reading this excellent review of book 3, I must get to it!

    ReplyDelete