Friday 31 March 2017

Paul Dale

Final part of a trilogy I've loved every word of!


The Dark Lord's Handbook: Empire

Amazon.com link

My review -

Dark Lord Morden Deathwing has finally conquered the whole world. He’s supreme ruler. All he has to do is stay there. That’s always been the hard bit. He loses a couple of his right-hand men to death but he won’t let them go easily. His charming, sweary late wife Griselda won’t keep quiet either. The elves and the Fae, armed with a dragonslayer who’s only ten years old and keeps needing a wee, intend to finish the interminable war between good and evil. Ah, if only it were that simple.


This is the final book in the Dark Lord trilogy and you really need to have read the other two. I’ve followed this series from the first and love the gentle pokes at the genre, the genuine homages, the brilliant flashes of dark humour. I love it all. It’s a world I have happily immersed myself in. If you’re looking for a nod in the direction of Tolkien, Pratchett and more, yet with its own story and concepts, this trilogy will get under your skin, as it has mine. I’ve looked forward to this final book for a long time and it was well worth the wait. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment