Sunday 28 January 2018

David Wailing

This is one of those once in a  lifetime ideas and I totally bought into it!


Under

Amazon.com link

My review -

I’ve been looking forward to this book since I read its short (free) prequel Signal Failure. There’s a mystery surrounding some of the abandoned stations on the London Underground and a dedicated few are trying to find out their secrets. Four young place hackers, led by Jake, are trying to find a way into one of these stations but he has an agenda of his own. Mike Thames, journalist, is on a mission fuelled by his father’s old letters. They concern abandoned stations and sections of line and he wonders if there’s a connection between all this and his father’s disappearance when Mike was a boy.


I was just along for the ride, you might say, for the first few percent of this book then bam – a mystery, and that excited me. Once the hook bit, the line pulled taut and I was dragged along in the wake of the unfolding story. I admit that what developed is not at all what I’d expected from Signal Failure – and yet, looking back at it, the two stories remain faithful to one another. It’s all in the reader’s perception. This book is a conspiracy theorist’s Christmas and birthday rolled into one. It became exciting and horrifying in equal measure. If you want something completely different, this is your next read.

No comments:

Post a Comment